Friday 7 November 2008

Nature Walk


Yay! Its Eco day, today we went on a nature walk and I got my shoes muddy, my friends aren't that bad but seriously mine are really really bad. I really enjoyed getting muddy and finding insects and things. To help us with our muddy walk and finding insects a park ranger called John came to help. Guess what go on guess Mrs Berry found a newt, cool aint it yeah I know.




We also found a little harlqein ladybird its really a pest bet you didn't know that it eats 2 spot ladybirds and 7s. To know more about ladybirds go to the Harlequin Survey. See the link on the blog.


By MW

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

3C I am so impressed with all you have done today! You have set up a live blog and it has shown me all the things you have learned today and you have taught me too! I did not know about Harlequin ladybirds and I am really thrilled that you have taken part in the ladybird survey. This will give scientists and ecologists information to help save our 2 spot and 7 spot ladybirds.

Well Done Everyone, keep up the great work!

Mrs Pitt

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you all had fun on you eco day 3C. Learning all about hedgehogs and then insects on the nature walk. Its all very interesting.
Remember to look after those plants because daffodils and tulips are lovely when they have grown.

I hope you managed to get your muddy shoes clean though!!

Katie

Anonymous said...

What an exciting week you are having so far, it is amazing to see all the interesting things that you learn every day. I really enjoyed helping out with Eco Day & all the children in 3C made excellent gardeners. I will definitely be reading your blog again so keep up the good work.

Yvette Murdoch

Anonymous said...

3c you haue worked espeshaly hard im amazed well done super bt